RE-ALIGN MIND, BODY + SOUL
“Meditation and concentration are the way to a life of serenity”
BABA RAM DASS
Meditation is something that changed my life significantly and is now a daily ritual. I learned to still my mind, quiet all the noisy thoughts and stresses, and simply just be. Once you start working on your inner world it is amazing the difference you will see in your outer world.
I offer weekly group meditation evenings both online and in Hitchin, individual classes online or in person, or can visit you to lead group meditations for you and your friends in the comfort of your own home – get in touch to book. I also visit workplaces (online or in person) delivering group meditation sessions to promote workplace wellbeing – please contact me to enquire.
Join us on either Monday mornings at 10am to get your week off to the right start and set you up for a positive day ahead, or Wednesday evenings for a relaxing evening of meditation to re-centre, quiet your mind, and set yourself up for a great night’s sleep ✨
As always, we open with a summary of the current energies followed by a series of guided meditations to help you relax, rebalance, and realign.
All you need to bring is yourself, make sure you’re sitting in a comfortable space where you can relax and switch off completely, and have Zoom set up on the device of your choosing (but you can have your video turned off if you wish).
There are a few booking options for you –
1) Click the individual links below to get your ticket for one of my upcoming meditation evenings (£10 per person)
2) Scroll down for links to buy a 1 month subscription (£35 per person – saving you £5), or
3) A 3 month subscription (£100 per person – saving you £20). You get to choose the start date for your subscription so these also make a perfect gift.
Subscribe to Save
What is Meditation?
Meditation has been practiced for thousands of years. It was originally meant to help deepen understanding of the sacred and mystical forces of life. These days, the practice is commonly used for relaxation and stress reduction as it can produce a deep state of relaxation and a tranquil mind.
During meditation, you focus your attention and eliminate the stream of jumbled thoughts that may be crowding your mind and causing stress. This can result in enhanced physical and emotional wellbeing.
There are literally hundreds of different kinds and styles of meditation, and it’s important to try some different techniques to find what works for you. But the aim with any meditation is to focus on just one thing – be it your breath, the sounds around you, love, or another specific word like peace. Find a place where you can be still and quiet, sit comfortably, and either follow a guided meditation or sit in silence focusing on one of these things. And all you have to do if your mind wanders is bring it back. But that’s not a goal – if you set yourself a goal then it’s not meditation.
As and when your mind wanders or thoughts crop up, which they will to begin with – this is just your mind trying to take control – simply observe them, allow them, and just let them pass through, and then bring your attention back to your breath, sounds, or the word that you’re meditating upon.
Start with 10-15 minutes a day and build from there, and if you want to make it a regular habit it’s advisable to set aside the same time each day or join a regular group session. Depending on your preference you could do this with music in the background, or following a guided meditation from YouTube or your app of choice. If your mind wanders simply bring it back to the object of your attention, allowing any thoughts to pass through.
Benefits of Meditation
- Reduces stress and promotes emotional health (outside of covid-19), the World Health Organisation sites stress as the biggest issue in the world today
- Promotes physical health and your immune system as focusing on your breath improves your oxygen intake because it opens your airways
- Can help to lower blood pressure
- Helps to aid restful sleep
- It enhances self-awareness and improves focus and attention
- Balances both sides of the brain and brings your whole body into alignment
- Helps to relieve pain and muscle tension – both chronic and acute
- Improves your intuition, creativity, and even your productivity, through your concentration and performance
What’s the Difference to Traditional Relaxation?
When stressed our brains are operating in a beta wave state. Conversely, when 100% rested we go into an alpha state. The difference is that meditation brings us to an alpha state more quickly than traditional relaxation techniques.